Human Resources Manager
Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group, also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia.
At TAG, we take a different road. We lead with our core values and we are deeply committed to delivering exceptional customer experiences. We appreciate that our customers entrust us with one of their most important purchase decisions, and we work hard to earn that loyalty. We are known to have a palpable "buzz" when you walk into one of our stores with breakaway spirit and organizational culture.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team’s development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
We don't just expect the change; we are part of it. We are the proud recipients of the following;
- Awarded Canada's Best Managed (2017 & 2018) - The Best Managed Companies program celebrates the top private businesses in Canada. Canada’s Best Managed Companies is one of the country’s leading business awards program recognizing Canadian-owned and managed companies for innovative, world class business practices. TAG continues to demonstrate industry leadership in growth, profitability and employee retention.
- Awarded the Canadian Automotive Dealer’s Association’s Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation - This award is the highest honour a company can receive in the Canadian Automotive Industry. TAG was awarded for initiatives that significantly enhance performance and broaden the scope of business across the Industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the President, the Human Resources Manager will be a key member of an experienced, high performing management team. The Human Resources Manager will develop strategic Human Resources services to a growing company known for providing superior guest experiences. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing Talent Acquisition, Ability Management, Performance Management, Team Member Relations, Health & Safety, Compliance, Respectful Workplace and Training for Trotman Auto Group in support of the company’s culture, mission, and business objectives. The incumbent will lead the development of department objectives and initiatives, ensuring the effectiveness of HR policies and practices. The Human Resources Manager will be empowered to create further HR programs and practices while continuing to foster an entrepreneurial and high performance culture.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the senior leadership team to plan and implement change projects, employer brand and strategies which help realize the company’s culture, mission and business objectives
- Support all aspects of the operations and provide direction and support to the management team on HR matters, including conflict resolution, performance management, team member relations, ability management, full cycle recruitment, career development and succession planning
- Promote, develop and build a high performing HR team through learning and development, performance management (including feedback, objective setting and reviews), coaching and mentoring
- Recognize and identify gaps in existing HR policies and procedures and contribute to the development, implementation and communication of new/amended HR policies and procedures
- Manage and facilitate effective team member communication and feedback through such avenues as meetings, suggestion programs, engagement surveys, training and development activities, newsletters and one-on-one meetings
- Respond to inquiries and act as the subject matter expert on policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotions, and employee benefits
- Provide support and guidance to Trotman Auto Group’s leadership team on all employee related matters; including performance management, conflict resolution, and disciplinary matters
- Support the Executive Team in the implementation of initiatives and management of workplace culture and organizational change
- Oversee Trotman Auto Group’s talent acquisition process and team; including the development of attraction and retention strategies to attract the best qualified candidates
- Conduct recruitment activities for managerial/executive level positions in an efficient and effective manner as required
- Continuous learning of best practices and latest HR trends; providing recommendations to Management
- Establish a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members through the effective management of Occupational Health & Safety, including the Joint OH&S Committee
- Ensure legal and statutory compliance with Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, WorkSafeBC, PIPA, and conduct investigations (employee conflict, workplace bullying and harassment), and maintain records
- Protect the interests of team members and the company in accordance with corporate policies and laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties as required
- Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive Human Resources management experience
- CPHR designation an asset
- Extensive knowledge of applicable workplace legislation; including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, and WorkSafeBC
- Knowledge of and experience with change management principles and methodologies, an asset
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve HR related issues
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to foster relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven track-record of responsiveness and meeting deadlines; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage time while in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Strong ethical standards, professionalism, and integrity, with the ability to adhere to a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask, prioritize; mediation and conflict management/resolution experience
- A track record of diligence, responsibility and being a self-starter
- Must possess an intermediate level aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess means of transportation to travel to various locations within Trotman Auto Group when necessary
Please apply with your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.